Machine Operators (Bobcat, Excavator, etc.)
The Heavy Equipment Operator – Excavator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner following manufacture’s operational manual. Site conditions will have the operator working in congested areas with pedestrians, vehicles and other contractors which may restrict the movements of the equipment, therefore the operator must stay alert and maintain a calm attitude at all times.
- Two to Three years experience on Excavator working in the Road Construction Industry
- Ability to read blueprints
- Working knowledge of Excavation, grades and granular related materials
- Working knowledge of methods, techniques and equipment required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract (less than three convictions & less than 7 demerits)
- Must have the physical strength, stamina and coordination to complete the assigned duties
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs. independently; more than 50lbs. with assistance
- Withstand working outside, on uneven ground, for long periods of time in different weather conditions
- Be able to stand, sit, bend, crouch for long periods of time
- Complete repetitive tasks for the duration of each shift
- Climbing up and down into equipment